The PINC Program is a physiotherapy based rehabilitation and fitness program for men and women with cancer.
The benefits of regular exercise and healthy lifestyle practices for cancer survivors are well reported and yet many survivors are insufficiently active.
Miche Hansen – Senior Physiotherapist has completed the required training and is now a PINC Certified Clinic provider.
What are the benefits of exercise during cancer treatments?
- Improving balance and reduce falls risk.
- Maintaining muscle and bone health. (This is important for reducing the risk of Osteoporosis)
- Reductions in fatigue, nausea, depression and anxiety. (This is important for maintaining independence and maintaining quality of life)
- Assists with weight control.
What are post treatment effects?
- Improvements in quality of life, self esteem and body image.
- Decrease in fatigue, pain, depression and anxiety.
- Positive objective in aerobic fitness, muscular strength and punctual capacity.
- Managing lymphoedema symptoms.
A clear pathway will likely result in significant improvements in the quality of life and overall health of many cancer patients.
Our team is here to support, motivate and encourage you, all while offering the best care and professional advice.
If you would like more information about PINC Program visit www.pincandsteel.com